Medical offices are important for healthcare practitioners to provide quality care to their patients. When developing medical office buildings (MOBs), there are many things to consider. One option that offers many benefits is Houston metal building construction for medical offices. In this article, we’ll go over some of the advantages of using metal buildings for MOBs and some tips for designing your new medical offices.
Why Choose Houston Metal Building Construction for MOBs?
With the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us have a new appreciation for just how vital medical offices are. Healthcare needs continue to grow as our population ages and as we face new diseases like COVID. Therefore, it makes sense that many developers are looking to the healthcare market.
Medical office buildings are office spaces designed specifically for medical practices. Common types of tenants for these commercial spaces include doctors offices, dentist offices, chiropractic offices, and other types of healthcare practices.
Steel buildings may be the perfect solution for metal office building construction. Houston metal building construction offers some pretty attractive advantages, such as:
- Fast Construction: Metal buildings are incredibly fast to complete compared to more traditional building materials. Many of the components are pre-engineered for faster, less labor-intensive erection. This means you can design and build MOBs quickly and get them leased out to start getting returns on your investment.
- Durable: Many developers choose metal buildings for Houston commercial construction because of their durability. The same is true for medical offices. These buildings resist extreme weather, fire, and pests and can last indefinitely with proper maintenance.
- Low Costs: Another benefit of choosing Houston metal building construction is that it can help save you money. These buildings are really economical to build, which helps reduce overall costs and help you recoup your investment quickly.
- Flexible & Customizable: One thing that many people don’t realize is that steel buildings are really flexible and totally customizable. Metal buildings don’t always look like metal buildings. There are many interior and exterior finishes to choose from to give your MOBs personality and make them look attractive, inside and out.
- Sustainable: Sustainability is important, and steel offers an added bonus of being 100% recyclable. So, the building will be long-lasting, low maintenance, and eco-friendly.
Designing a Metal Building for Medical Offices
As we mentioned, the design for metal medical office buildings is super flexible. This allows you to create a totally unique building for your future tenants. However, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, healthcare buildings generally must follow much stricter codes than your average commercial building. It’s important to work with a design build firm that knows these codes and can help you create buildings that are compliant with all federal, state, and local healthcare building codes.
Also, it’s important to keep medical technologies and equipment in mind during the design phase. Your tenants will need to have plenty of space and electrical capacity for common equipment like x-rays, autoclaves, and other specialized machinery.
Finally, you also want to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients. Some of this will happen during the build out phase to tailor the space to your tenants’ practice needs. However, leaving plenty of room for comfortable waiting areas and incorporating plenty of natural light can go a long way in making medical office buildings feel more friendly.
Top Houston Commercial Construction Firm: GRA – Gulf Coast Construction
Our experts make construction simple and cost-effective at GRA – Gulf Coast Construction. We are a top construction firm in Houston offering complete design build services. Our team is here to help you find high quality, economical solutions for your construction needs, whether you’re building healthcare facilities or need Houston office building construction. Get in touch now to schedule a free consultation with our construction specialists.